• Alex D. Linz is an American former child film, television and voice actor.
• His most notable roles include Alex Pruitt in “Home Alone 3” and Max Keeble in “Mac Keeble’s Big Move”.
• He had a Bar Mitzvah ceremony at the Wilshire Boulevard Temple in Los Angeles.
• He has a Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology and Society and a Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning.
• His estimated net worth is $400,000 and he earns an average salary of $90,000 as a Planning Assistant.
Alex D. Linz is an American former child film, television and voice actor, most notable for his roles as Alex Pruitt in “Home Alone 3”, and Max Keeble in “Mac Keeble’s Big Move”.
Early Life and Educational Background
Alexander David Linz was born on the 3rd January 1989, in Santa Barbara, California, USA, to attorney Deborah Baltaxe and professor Dr. Daniel Linz. He is the oldest child, with two sisters named Lily Alice and Livia. After his parent’s divorce, Alex lived with his mother and siblings in Los Angeles. Alex began to show an interest in acting early on in his childhood and subsequently entered his first audition at four years old, and got his first role at six years of age.
— Movies Now (@moviesnowtv) June 2, 2013
The former child actor made his television debut in 1995, as Jason in the television series “Cybill”. That same year, he played the role of Phillip Chancellor in an episode of the hit soap opera, “The Young and the Restless”, and Howie in “Step by Step”. The following year, he starred in “The Cable Guy”, “The Uninvited” and romantic comedy, “One Fine Day”; the latter also starred George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer. He earned his big break in 1996, when he replaced Macaulay Culkin in the Christmas comedy, “Home Alone 3” as Alex Pruitt. Although the movie earned rather less than its predecessors— grossing $79 million compared to $476 and $359 million, respectively— Alex’s performance was praised. He next appeared in the films “My Brother the Pig”, “Bruno” and “Bounce” as well as the television shows “Touched by an Angel” and “ER”.
He earned one of his most memorable, titular roles in 2001, in “Mac Keeble’s Big Move” followed by a main role in NASA collaboration, “Race to Space”. He then appeared in 20 episodes of the television show “Providence” in 2002, and further roles followed with the films “Red Dragon”, “Full Court Miracle”, and “Exit 9”. Alex also had support roles in the television shows “Crossballs: The Debate Show” and “Jack & Bobby”; his final roles were in the films “The Amateurs”, “Order Up” and “Choose Connor” in 2007.
Alex made his voice acting debut in 1995, with the animated TV show “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman”, followed by a double role in “Aaahh!!! Real Monsters”. In 1999, he voiced a Young Tarzan in the Disney-produced adventure animation “Tarzan”, then reprised that role in the video game of the same title. Further roles were in “The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald”, “Titan A.E”, and “Red Dragon”. Alex’s final voice roles were in Nickelodeon’s “Hey Arnold!” and the game, “Nicktoons Racing”.
Awards and Achievements
- For his role in “One Fine Day”, Alex was awarded a Young Star Award for Best Performance by a Young Actor in a Comedy Film, in 1997.
- That same year, he was rewarded with a ShoWest Convention Award for Young Star of the Year.
After a few years on the screens, he bid farewell to Hollywood in 2007 for unknown reasons, but presumably wanting to pursue an alternate career. He continued his studies at Alexander Hamilton High School in Los Angeles. Following his matriculation, he enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley to pursue a degree in Science, Technology and Society, which he completed in 2011. He worked as an intern for various organizations in differing positions, including the Strategy and Planning Department of Metrolink and The Trust for Public Land’s Parks for People Program. He also worked as a legal researcher for Smith and Baltaxe, LLP and at the World Resources Institute.
In 2017, Alex returned to the University of California where he completed a Master’s Degree in Urban and Regional Planning. Following a brief job as Project Manager at Watershed Conservation Authority, he became a Planning Assistant for the City of Los Angeles.
Despite extensive research on this topic, there is barely any information on Alex’s relationships. There have been no rumors, nor has he ever been romantically linked to anyone. Hence it’s assumed that he’s either single, or has kept these details out of the spotlight.
Hobbies, Favorite Things and Interesting Facts
- The former child actor is a follower of Judaism, he even had a Bar Mitzvah. The ceremony was held at the Wilshire Boulevard Temple in Los Angeles, California.
- He likes to spend his free time in nature.
- He first appeared on television when he was four years old; starring in commercials for companies such as JC Penney and McDonald’s, amongst others.
- One of his hobbies is traveling; he has visited most of the US states for different purposes and always prefers the natural scene to overcrowded cities.
- Alex’s other hobbies include rock climbing, skiing, football and improv.
- His favorite movies include “The Matrix”, “Blade Runner” and “Contact”.
- He enjoys reading books in his spare time. His favorite author is Victor Hugo and his favorite book is “Les Miserables”.
- His star sign is Capricorn.
- He’s not very active on his Instagram page.
- Alex can play two musical instruments, the drums and the guitar.
- During his high school years, he was part of a garage band called “The Fez Armada”.
- He was a lead science instructor at Camp Galileo —an educational summer camp in Oakland— in 2013.
- He has appeared on a number of talk shows including, “The Rosie O’Donnell Show”, “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” as well as “Donny & Marie”.
Appearance and Clothing Style
Alex is a male of American nationality and Caucasian ethnicity. He has light brown hair and blue eyes. He has mixed German, French and Austrian ancestry. He stands tall at a height of 5ft 9inch (175cm) and weighs about 150lbs. (68kg) with an athletic body type. As of 2022, Alex is 33 years old.
Net Worth and Salary
There is no reliable authoritative source that discloses his exact net worth. However, it can be assumed that the former child actor earned a good amount of money during his years as an actor, some sources quoting it at around $400,000. He also earns a salary from his career as a Planning Assistant, which is unknown to the public. An average Planning Assistant makes over $90,000 pa.